Member ProfileBoard members are noted with red asterisk (*)
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner, LLP
Main Office: Brussels, Belgium
Address: Rue Guimard 9 Brussels, B-1040
BCLP delivers first-rate, pragmatic legal advice that helps clients to achieve their goals. Our clients are at the forefront of our business. We are committed to excellence in the legal service that we offer and take great pride in our personal approach to delivering that service. Here is BCLP at a glance:
- A full-service law firm operating as a limited liability partnership
- We provide first-rate legal advice to a wide portfolio of clients, including major public and private corporate organisations, financial institutions, government bodies and other prominent public sector organisations and private clients
- Over the last five years we have transformed the firm, becoming one of the fastest growing law firms in the UK. During that time we have almost doubled turnover and more than doubled profitability. Our turnover for 2007-08 was £185m.
- Clients are serviced by lawyers specialising in over 60 areas of legal expertise. Our first class legal talent of 730 lawyers includes 190 partners, which we continue to complement as appropriate to support evolving client needs. For example, during 2007/08 we recruited 11 high-profile partners and over 100 other talented lawyers. Overall, we employ the talents and experience of almost 1300 staff.
- Clients are supported across the world in a wide range of jurisdictions via our offices in London, Abu Dhabi, Brussels, Moscow, Paris and Singapore. Our own local capabilities are complemented by strong relationships with more than 100 preferred firms in over 65 countries. Revenue from legal matters including an international element increased by 45% in the last two years.
- BCLP was the UK Law Firm of the Year 2008 at the Chambers Europe Awards for Excellence and previously been awarded the title of Law Firm of the Year by both Chambers and The Lawyer
- In both 2007 & 2008 the firm was ranked as the UK’s Top Legal Employer by Sweet & Maxwell and in both 2008 & 2009 was included as one of the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work For
- Nearly one in every five of our associates has spent time on secondment at client premises. BCLP embraces diversity, is committed to social responsibility and is highly focused on nurturing talent. For example, 12% of staff from an ethnic minority, 62% female and 38% male, plus 11% of staff had a non-standard working arrangement.